Have The Unique Eco-Friendly Boutique Hotel Experience
At Hotel Felix Chicago we want to provide an unforgettable experience while making you Happy. Naturally. The word “felix” means “happy” in Latin, and since opening our doors in 2009 we’ve been living up to that name through environmentally sustainable practices, friendly service, boutique amenities, and a playful spirit that promises to bring a smile to your face.
When entering Hotel Felix, guests are greeted by a unique ceiling-high mosaic of logs, a water pond, and delicate orbs floating over a gentle fireplace. These elements not only create a calming atmosphere throughout the lobby, but also symbolize an “earth, wind, fire, and water” theme that embodies our commitment to the environment.
As the first eco-friendly hotel in Chicago with Silver LEED certification, boutique Hotel Felix Chicago showcases a wide array of sustainable features listed below:
We care about implementing eco-friendly practices throughout every part of Hotel Felix, and our artwork is no exception. On Earth Day 2010, the hotel welcomed a 7-foot-tall doorman who is made out of recycled pipes, an umbrella stand, a drill bit, and topped with a milk bucket head. This sculpture is called “Loren the Doorman”, and artist Allen Christian crafted him completely from found and reclaimed materials.
To celebrate Earth Day 2011 and 2012, we commissioned two additional sculptures to keep Loren company. Today, hotel visitors are greeted outside by “Loren”, "Madeline, The Baker’s Wife", and a metal dog named “Scrappy”. This family of sustainable artwork reflects the whimsical and fun spirit of the Hotel Felix, so you can start feeling Happy. Naturally. from the moment you arrive.
Hotel Felix is proud to work with some of the best businesses and organizations in the Chicago area.
Our partners include:
- Troquet - French Bistro dining at our on-site signature restaurant.
- Hotel Cass - Visit Holiday Inn Express Magnificent Mile, our sister property.
- House of Balls - Creator of our eco-friendly outdoor sculptures.
- Choose Chicago
- TravelClick- Hotel Internet Marketing
- Shuttle/Car Service - Premier Coach Limo Contact: Ernest Davis at 888-400-8829, (Special Hotel Felix Rates)
- Nearby recommendations - Arrivedo (restaurants, bars, etc.)
- Three Studios (Yoga, Cycle, Interval) - 648 North Clark (312) 944-3333, Special offer: 3 classes for $54 to hotel guests w/proof of being hotel guest (forward hotel confirmation email to [email protected]). Must create account online first.